SnowRunner Modding Guide
Very soon SnowRunner will be introduced!
The Steam Workshop will be available right after the game will be represented. You can find all information about the game options and the guide about Modding in SnowRunner as well as instructions on how to deal with mod editor below.
All you need to do is simply click on the following link: How To Create SnowRunner Mods.
How To Create SnowRunner Mods: Specifications of Mods Editor
- With editor you can make new and add existing vehicle mods.
- It enables you to transform vehicles and maps mods of MudRunner into SnowRunner mods.
- Meshes and vehicles can be reviewed.
- You are even able to make and amend maps, although keep in mind that are not available to be added to the game so far.
- A player can be using maps which were modded exactly how it is in SnowRunner or MudRunner. However, we are planning to improve tools and the implementation of maps right after post-launch.
- Sample mods available: 2
- Samples maps: 1 (as it was mentioned before, there is an option to develop maps even official support is not available yet)
- 3dsmax plugin for a distribution – available in-house
How To Create MudRunner Mods: using Editor tool
- “SnowRunner – Editor Beta” is the AppID tool name, which can be accessed on Steam library > Tools.
- With editor a player gets a chance to manage functions such as viewing, editing, converting and uploading chosen mods using Steam workshop.
- In the workshop you can check and see all mods.
- By clicking on Subscribe you can download the mod.
- Button of managing mods appears when set up solo or multiplayer game.
- This is where you can spot existing mods and start the game. In case that you won’t have a particular mod in joint party, you will have a notice to add it to your game.
- For more information about Mod Creation in SnowRunner take a look at our Official Forum.
Complete guide about Modding in SnowRunner – the occurring issues
- It is highly important that you don’t forget to do a back-up of your mods. Moreover, it should be kept in a different Steam folder.
- Keep in mind the existing mods problems, which we are going to solve after release update.
- There is a chance that a game can crash at the beginning because of some mods.
- Whether you update the mod while the game runs, it won’t functionate well.
- While playing in multiplayer mode, add-ons of not installed mods can be implemented which can cause a crash of the game.
We bet you are excited about the upcoming SnowRunner game edition as we are! Of course one of the most important topic is related to the mods compatibility and their conversion as well as creation and edition. For this reason we have created a SnowRunner Modding Guide which thoroughly explains which options you have and how to deal with the mods in the new game version. However, keep in mind that the information is fresh and some inconsistencies might while exploring the game but we will keep updating the SnowRunner Modding Guide and will keep you informed with all kind of details.
This might seem a bit overwhelming in the beginning but we know you like challenges. So be attentive and look through the steps thoroughly in order to really understand the changes related to the new game edition. We hope that the upgrade will bring not only confusion but as well new opportunities for all mod creators – new is always better, right? But to fully understand the new rules, focus on our guidelines on How To Create SnowRunner Mods. This will definitely pay off because there is nothing more valuable than being prepared in advance and using the knowledge right from the start. Otherwise testing and trying out on the spot might get prolonged and quite tiring. You don’t need to invent the wheel twice – just read through the steps and tips about How To Create SnowRunner Mods and you will get all the information needed. Your skills will be on demand, so prepare for the changes upfront and enjoy the full capacity of knowledge. Transition to the new version is both exciting and frustrating, so help yourself and be ready for all kinds of challenges. In the end of the day you will be the one with the answers!