Tayga 6436 TMHS I MudTires
After seeing a list of the friction settings of all the tires used in the game on reddit, i could see a discrepancy between two tires that you can use on the Tayga 6436 (see the photo added for the list).
The MHS II has a friction rating of 3.2 in the mud.
The Tayga Heavy Mudtire has a friction rating of 2.4.
Personally i think the devs have got something wrong here as at present the MHS II is a better tyre than the TMHS I that costs much more to buy. Not to mention they are much wider.
This mod has been created to bring the Tayga THMS I Tire from 2.4 to 3.4 friction. This has been tested and its better in deep boggy mud but its not overpowered so you will still need to use low box, etc……. when in deep boggy mud. It also works with all other mods as only one file is changed in the wheels folder.
How to install the mod? I recommend manual installation.
Version 1.0.0 is MANUAL INSTALL ONLY! DOES work in COOP.
Version 1.0.1 is SUBSCRIBE ONLY! (when you select subscribe, it should use this file automatically). DOESNT work in COOP (as all subscribe mods are disabled).
How to manually install (Recommended):
Close your game and make sure you backup your original “initial.pak” file before starting!
1) Download and unzip the file. Make sure you have the latest WinRAR installed.
2) Go to your game directory (i.e. C:Program FilesEpic GamesSnowRunneren_uspreloadpaksclient) and open “initial.pak” with WinRAR (or changed to initial.zip but dont forget to change it back to .pak after).
3) Go to [media] > classes > wheels
4) Drag & Drop the file “wheels_heavy_mudtires_tayga.xml” you downloaded into the folder and confirm the action with “OK” in the upcoming window without changing any values. It will overwrite the original file.
5) Start your game and enjoy.